- This event has passed.
Enl!ghten: Kitsap Community Forum
February 18 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:30 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until December 31, 2022
Enl!ghten is a group for anyone who likes to learn and to be inspired by others. They are partnering with the Kitsap Regional Library and will meet the third Friday of every month (currently virtual), to present expert guest speakers.
Presentations cover topics ranging from environmental issues, current health and scientific trends, local authors, healthy aging and well-being, to nonprofit agencies helping others locally and internationally.
Topics for 2022:
• January 21, 2022 – Kirk Hanson, Director of Forestry for Northwest Natural Resource Group (NNRG): This Ain’t Your Grandfather’s Forestry: Forest Management in a Changing Climate
• February 18, 2022 – Roosevelt Smith, a member of the Kitsap Historical Society, will present on The State of the Union in Black and White: The Roosevelt Smith Collection of Black Americana
• March 18, 2022 – Adrienne Hampton will present on “Advancing Climate Justice to Promote Health Equity.” Why do adverse climate changes and environmental disasters disproportionately affect the poor and people of color?
• April 15, 2022 – Holly Hughes will present on Poetry as a Life Raft in Dire Times
• May 20, 2022 – Gary and Janice McFarland: Bicycling the World and Beyond. The McFarlands will present an entertaining account of their World Bicycling Adventure and how that experience has influenced other adventures on bikes and afoot.
A great place to expand your views and meet new people in the community!