- This event has passed.
Awesome Things you can Borrow from the Library!
There are some pretty awesome things that you and your kiddos can check out from the library this summer! Make sure to check your local branch for availability.
• Book Group Kits: Kickstart a community conversation. Each kit comes with 15 book copies to help spur discussion. With nearly 100 uniquely
themed kits to choose from, there’s always something new to discover! Borrow your kit for up to six weeks.
• Discover Pass: Discover local with a Checked-Out Washington Discover Pass and explore all the great Washington parks in your neck of the woods. These passes can be reserved for up to a week at a time.
• STEM Learning Kits: For kids in grades 3-5. Support learning in science, technology, engineering and math with an exciting STEM Learning Kit. Each of our kits are uniquely themed and come with a hands-on maker activity to help spur learning. Borrow one for up to 21 days.
• Telescopes: Explore the night sky as you’ve never seen it before with one of our Library telescopes. Borrow yours for up to 21 days.
• Ukuleles: Try your hand at making music by picking up a ukulele. Enjoy the soft sounds of this pleasant instrument for up to 21 days at a time. Need help learning how to get started? Visit the catalog for beginners guides or use Libby to access ArtistWorks, for self-paced, video ukulele lessons.
• Video Games: Borrow video games from your local branch for up to a week. We carry PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox ONE, Switch, Wii and Wii U games
• Early Learning Kits: Support school-readiness with a fun and engaging Early Learning Kit. Our 36 kits are uniquely themed and come with a variety of content to help spur learning, including books, educational toys and activities. Borrow one for up to 21 days.
• MP3 Read-alongs: Just for kids! Transform your reading experience with an MP3 Readalong – where print book meets audiobook. The permanently attached VOX™ Reader transforms an ordinary print book into an all-in-one read-along. Simply push a button to listen and read. Borrow a ReadAlong for up to three weeks.
More info at KRL.org/borrowmore